Blockchain Use Case Training Course
Contact us for next available dates
9:30 – 16:00
Everybody is talking about it! Just about every major financial corporate has teams of researchers trying to understand the potential use cases that may impact their business. But what exactly is the Blockchain and how does it work?
This is a workshop with a difference. Participants are going to study the Blockchain initially through Bitcoin, which is where it all started. The course will then look at how the concepts can be expanded and will explore other use cases such as smart contracts. Participants will explore together to understand the inner workings under the guidance of the workshop moderator.
By the end of the day participants will understand exactly how the Blockchain works. It is not necessary to have any technical or previous knowledge of the Blockchain or Bitcoin, everything will be explained during the workshop.
What you will learn
- What is a Blockchain?
- How the Blockchain works and how blocks are validated
- Public and private Blockchains
- How the Blockchain technology can address a diverse set of business applications
- How to assess the business case for different use case scenarios
Who should attend?
- People working in companies operating in the legal and financial sectors
- Legal / Finance / Management Consultants who need to understand the effect it may have on the future of their business
- Company Directors / Business development managers
- Professionals interested in understanding the Blockchain
9:30: Doors open, tea, coffee and registration
10:00: Introduction to Blockchain
11:00: An explanation of how transactions work, and how they are added to the Blockchain
12:00: Centralised, decentralised, distributed, permissioned, permissionless, what does all this mean?
13:00: Lunch break, buffet lunch provided
14:00: An assessment of the Blockchain technology and current applications (Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum)
15:00: A taxonomy of Blockchain use cases, their business application and regulatory issues
16:00: Close of play
Tea and coffee breaks will happen informally throughout the day.
Moderator: Dr David B Everett
David is a leading authority on the security design of electronic payment systems and has been advising clients on electronic payments for over 30 years.
David has had key roles in the design and security architecture of Tibado, MintChip, Mondex, Multos, CHAPS and eftPOS.
Cost: The cost for this one day workshop is £495 + VAT
To register: call Tara Lavelle on +44 1903 721 668 or email: email@example.com